Please see below for general information about visiting Trinity River Audubon Center. Wondering what our center is like? Click here for a preview!
- Hours: We are open Wednesday - Friday 9am - 3pm and Saturday - Sunday 8am - 3pm. Holiday hours:
- Center closed Sunday, December 24, through Friday, December 29
- Center open 8am – 3pm Saturday, December 30 (Christmas Bird Count) and Sunday, December 31
- Center closed Monday - Tuesday, January 1-2
- Center open Wednesday, January 3, and resuming normal hours
- Location: Our address is 6500 Great Trinity Forest Way, Dallas, TX 75217 - click here for a link to our location via Google Maps.
- Registration: Advance ticket reservation is requested.
- Free Entry begins January 1. Please note that January 1 - December 31, 2023, entry will be free! To read more about our efforts to increase accessiblity to the center, click here. We ask that you reserve a ticket online prior to your visit.
- Check-In Required: Please check in at the front desk upon arrival.
- Groups: Groups are welcome! Please let us know ahead of time if your group is larger than 20, since scheduled field trips may impact your experience.
- Our Adult to Child ratio is 1:6. Please keep this in mind when making group reservations.
- Bathrooms: Indoor and outdoor bathrooms are available.
- Nature Store: Our nature store is OPEN! Please click here to see what we have!
- Water: Please provide your own water bottle.
- Dogs: Dogs are not permitted on the Trinity River Audubon Center property. For our policy regarding dogs, please visit https://trinityriver.audubon.org/files/service-animal-policies.
- Fishing: Fishing is not allowed on the Trinity River Audubon Center property.
- Photography: Professional and commercial photographers and film crews – please contact us at email@example.com for information regarding our media policy and rates.
- Changes: As data and parameters change, we will adjust as needed to accommodate the needs of our staff, volunteers, and visitors. Trail open hours may be adjusted - be sure to check park hours before you visit.
- Refunds: Please check the weather forecast before purchasing your ticket. We do not provide weather-related refunds or transfers.
- FAQ's: Please see below for additional FAQ's.
You can also download a map of our trails to plan your visit!
We appreciate your understanding and compliance. You can continue to reach the staff via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (214) 309-5801.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Are bathrooms available?
We have indoor and outdoor bathrooms available for your use.
Are dogs and/or bicycles allowed?
Please note that dogs are not allowed on property and bicycles are not allowed on our trails. However, dogs and bicycles are permitted on the public City of Dallas trails, including Great Trinity Forest Trail and AT&T Trail, which are located near the center. Click here for a map of those trails.
Why is advanced purchase required as well as timed entry?
By purchasing a ticket in advance and at a designated time, we are able to manage the flow of cars and number of people onsite at regular intervals to ensure the safety of all visitors.
Professional and commercial photographers and film crews – please contact us at email@example.com for information regarding our media policy and rates.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU OUTSIDE!
Questions? You can reach us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (214) 309-5801.