Hello Trinity River Audubon Center friends! Wondering what our center is like? Click here for a preview! Please see below for visitor information.
- Hours: We are open Wednesday - Friday 9am - 3pm and Saturday - Sunday 8am - 3pm. Please note we will close at 12pm on Saturday, November 25, for an event. Additional holiday hours are below!
- Location: Our address is 6500 Great Trinity Forest Way, Dallas, TX 75217 - click here for a link to our location via Google Maps.
- Registration: Advance ticket reservation is requested.
- Free Entry begins January 1. Please note that January 1 - December 31, 2023, entry will be free! To read more about our efforts to increase accessiblity to the center, click here. We ask that you reserve a ticket online prior to your visit.
- Check-In Required: Please check in at the front desk upon arrival.
- Groups: Groups are welcome! Please let us know ahead of time if your group is larger than 20, since scheduled field trips may impact your experience.
- Our Adult to Child ratio is 1:6. Please keep this in mind when making group reservations.
- Bathrooms: Indoor and outdoor bathrooms are available.
- Nature Store: Our nature store is OPEN! Please click here to see what we have!
- Water: Please provide your own water bottle.
- Dogs: Dogs are not permitted on the Trinity River Audubon Center property. For our policy regarding dogs, please visit https://trinityriver.audubon.org/files/service-animal-policies.
- Fishing: Fishing is not allowed on the Trinity River Audubon Center property.
- Photography: Professional and commercial photographers and film crews – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding our media policy and rates.
- HOLIDAY HOURS:
- Center closed Thursday, November 23
- Center open 9am – 3pm Friday, November 24
- Center open 8am – 12pm Saturday, November 25
- Center open 8am – 3pm Sunday, November 26
- Winter Holiday:
- Center closed Sunday, December 24, through Friday, December 29
- Center open 8am – 3pm Saturday, December 30 (Christmas Bird Count) and Sunday, December 31
- Center closed Monday - Tuesday, January 1-2
- Center open Wednesday, January 3, and resuming normal hours
We appreciate your understanding and compliance. You can continue to reach the staff via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (214) 309-5801.
If you prefer to stay home, please visit our Virtual Engagement page. We appreciate your continued engagement and encourage you to support our center by making a donation online or joining our center as a member during this critical time.
Trinity River Audubon Center is located just ten miles south of downtown Dallas, but you'll feel a world away. Our center is your gateway to explore the amazing resources of the 6,000-acre Great Trinity Forest, the largest urban hardwood forest in the United States. Get to know a diverse community of plant and animal species and our unique mixture of bottomland hardwood forest, wetland, and prairie habitat. A part of the City of Dallas-Trinity River Corridor Project, the center's 120 acres sit on a former illegal dump site, now a reclaimed haven for a vast array of birds and other wildlife in an increasingly urbanized metropolitan area.
As part of the National Audubon Society, Trinity River Audubon Center is a nonprofit organization, which means supporting us by visiting, telling a friend, or becoming a member helps to educate tens of thousands of North Texas students about science, conservation, and the ecosystems in which they live.
Trinity River Audubon Center is a nonprofit organization supported, in part, by funds from the City of Dallas Park and Recreation Department.