Hello Trinity River Audubon Center friends! Please see below for visitor information.
- Registration: Advance ticket purchase is required. To reduce chances of Covid-19 spread, we will be limiting visitors to timed entry. Trail hours are Wednesday - Friday: 9am - 2pm and Saturday: 8am - 2pm with timed entry tickets available on the hour until 12pm. No late arrivals (more than 15 minutes past your entry time) will be permitted. Visitors must exit the property by 2pm. Beginning in 2022, we will be open the first Sunday of each month (January 2, February 6, March 6, April 3 and May 1) from 8am - 2pm.
- Check-In Required: Please check in at the front desk upon arrival.
- Masks: We are City of Dallas facility and ask that you please wear a mask, especially when checking in and passing people on the ramps and trails.
- Social Distance: Please leave 6 feet between you and others who are not in your group.
- Hours: Trail hours are Wednesday - Friday: 9am - 2pm and Saturday: 8am - 2pm with timed entry tickets available on the hour until 12pm. No late arrivals (more than 15 minutes past your entry time) will be permitted. Visitors must exit the property by 2pm. Beginning in 2022, we will be open the first Sunday of each month (January 2, February 6, March 6, April 3 and May 1) from 8am - 2pm.
- Bathrooms: Indoor and outdoor bathrooms are available.
- Nature Store: Our nature store is OPEN! Please click here to see what we have!
- Changes: As data and parameters change, we will adjust as needed to accommodate the needs of our staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Refunds: Please check the weather forecast before purchasing your ticket. We do not provide weather-related refunds or transfers.
- Dogs: Dogs are not permitted on the Trinity River Audubon Center property. Please click here for our policy regarding dogs.
- Photography: Professional and commercial photographers and film crews – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding our media policy and rates.
We appreciate your understanding and compliance. You can continue to reach the staff via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (214) 309-5801.
If you prefer to stay home, please visit our Virtual Engagement page. We appreciate your continued engagement and encourage you to support our center by making a donation online or joining our center as a member during this critical time.
Trinity River Audubon Center is located just ten miles south of downtown Dallas, but you'll feel a world away. Our center is your gateway to explore the amazing resources of the 6,000-acre Great Trinity Forest, the largest urban hardwood forest in the United States. Get to know a diverse community of plant and animal species and our unique mixture of bottomland hardwood forest, wetland, and prairie habitat. A part of the City of Dallas-Trinity River Corridor Project, the center's 130 acres sit on a former illegal dump site, now a reclaimed haven for a vast array of birds and other wildlife in an increasingly urbanized metropolitan area.
As part of the National Audubon Society, Trinity River Audubon Center is a nonprofit organization, which means supporting us by visiting, telling a friend, or becoming a member helps to educate tens of thousands of North Texas students about science, conservation, and the ecosystems in which they live.
Trinity River Audubon Center is a nonprofit organization supported, in part, by funds from the City of Dallas Park and Recreation Department.