Welcome to the Nature Trails at Trinity River
Explore the Audubon Center and its trails and discover this area's nature and history in a setting reminiscent of the early days of Dallas when Blackland Prairie dominated the landscape.
Take a virtual tour!
Use our trail map to find your way around Trinity River.
- No domestic animals allowed on premises (including dogs)
- No bicycles allowed on trails (Biking available nearby on City of Dallas Great Trinity Forest trail & AT&T trail)
- No smoking or campfires
- Overnight camping by reservation only
- No hunting or fishing
- No specimen collecting of any kind allowed without permit
- There are venomous snakes on the premises. They are protected by state law; please leave them alone
- There are harmful plants on the trails. Know what poison ivy looks like and avoid it
- Do not attempt to touch, befriend, feed, or help any wild animal you encounter while on the trails
- Alcohol and other intoxicants are strictly forbidden
- All motorized vehicles of any kind or size are strictly forbidden beyond parking lot
- No fireworks, firearms, or any other weapons allowed (enforced by Dallas Police Department)
- No swimming, walking or boating in the ponds
- Picnics are permitted in designated picnic areas only
- Help keep the Center clean. Please do not litter. Dispose of your trash in appropriate receptacles
- No parking on the grass